So tis the season right? The perfect time of year for popping that all important question. You want to get it right, but how is the best way to go about it? No one wants to end up like Phoebe from Friends emabarrassing themselves and their partner to be! We have been having a chat with pals at Dobell Formal Wear and together we have 5 top tips for making your proposal go without a glitch!
Making your Proposal Perfect
- Timing is everything! This is the most popular time of year for to propose to your other half. With almost 37% of folks proposing on New Years eve. What could be more romantic than getting down on one knee as the clock strikes midnight?
- Location, Location, Location – Of course you can make your proposal anywhere, somewhere significant to you and your other half is beautifully romantic. The most common place to pop that question is in a restaurant, with nearly a quarter of proposals happening over candle lit dinners. Looking for something a bit more exciting? Top landmarks are the next most popular engagement destinations.
- Look the part. Oh yes guys this is a big one! According to Dobell Formal Wear the most popular outfit choice is a blue suit, white shirt and tie. The lovely ladies will find you hard to resist in such an ensemble. Planning is everything don’t get caught out in your old jeans!
- Down on one knee? Well this is a tradition that seems to be fading fast. We can only imagine its due to the expense spent on the proposal outfit. Only 32% of men plan to get down on one knee to propose to their other half this year.
- Ring a ding ding: Tradition used to state that the engagement ring should be 3 months salary. In these modern times only 7% of guys follow this tradition whilst nearly a third say they buy the ring that they like, within their price range.
Got everything planned but that perfect outfit? Don’t panic Dobell Formal Wear have exactly what you need. The 21st of December is the busiest day of the year for buying that all important proposal outfit. I bet you didn’t know that enough ties will be brought to stretch from Edinburgh to Big Ben!
Get over to the Dobell website and use our code pudding10 for an extra 10% off everything you need to look the part for your perfect proposal this year.
*DISCLAIMER This is a collaborative post with Dobell Formal Wear – all thoughts and opinions are our own*